Hey friends, I am back! My break from blogging post blogmas was much needed. I spent these past few weeks coming up with new post ideas but most importantly taking a break from the computer to recharge my creativity! 🙂
To kick off my first post of the NEW YEAR, I wanted to start with a fan favorite, HACKS! Who doesn’t love helpful hacks to make the day easier, make cooking more enjoyable or help your kids with school! So let’s start this 2021 year off on the right foot with 5 tips to help beat those Cold Weather blues and give us an extra pep in our strep to power through these next few brutally cold months.
Tip #1: Use old quilts as curtains to keep the heat in
A simple money saving tip that is perfect for keeping your home warm this Winter!
Tip #2: Winter proof windshield washer fluid
Alcohol is good for more than just a nightcap, it can also be used to prep your windshield for ice!
Pour 8 ounces of either alcohol or vodka into an empty and clean 1-gallon jug. Fill it with water, leaving room for an ounce of Castile liquid soap. Add the soap, mix, and then pour the homemade windshield washer fluid into the correct area of your car!
Tip #3: Slip proof shoes hack
Prep your shoes for the Winter by adding screws in your shoes which can help you gain traction on ice and snow. Stick small screws around the sides of your shoe’s but be careful not to have the screws to long as they might be exposed in the sole and potentially hurt you.
Tip #4: Pipe insulation as pipe blockers
Cold air getting under your door is a thing of the past with this cold weather hack!
Cut pipe insulators in half and stick under the door to act as draft blockers saving you heat and money!
Tip #5: Close doors to rooms to keep the heat concentrated in one area
It’s hard to keep your house and rooms warm so keeping doors closed to other rooms will ensure the room your in stays cozy! 🙂
If you liked this post then you may enjoy these
- Cold Weather Hacks – blogmas day 9
- 10 Helpful Holiday hacks for a stress-free season- Blogmas day 1
- 15 Summer hacks you need to know to beat the heat!
- 20 Kitchen cooking hacks
- 10 helpful hacks to help you get through the cold weather – blogmas day 3
- 15 Holiday hacks – how to get through this season without stress
- 12 Thanksgiving hacks to alleviate stress
- Helpful life hacks- from saving money to getting ready quicker
- 14 Life hacks you never knew about
- 11 Back to school hacks to make the year easier
- 14 Beauty hacks every girl needs to know to combat hot humid weather
Follow this blog via email so you never miss a post!