Happy Wednesday everyone! Over these past few days I have been working on a delicious and paleo friendly chocolate chip cookie recipe, and I am happy to say that I have finally finished it. This delicious paleo recipe can be made in under 20 minutes and is the perfect nightcap to end your evening. I enjoy baking so much and these past few weeks my love for it has increased exponentially. Pies, pastas, soups, cookies, …… have all been flying out of my oven, I even purchased some new bake ware to help add to my cooking addicition! 🙂 I was even asked to bake for a few parties coming up, non paleo eating parties of course, so I am very excited to use real butter and flour in my cooking. While making gluten, dairy, and sugar free cookies is exciting and delicious tasting there is something about a cookie filled with everything doctors say that is bad for you, that is SO GOOD!
ENJOY today’s paleo post!
If you prefer to use dairy in your baking then you can swap out the oils for butter but make sure to use grass-fed butter.
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar – raw and unfiltered
- 1 large egg or to make this recipe vegan use flax egg (click for recipe)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 coconut flour/ you can also use gf flour if you do not have coconut flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Mini chocolate chips, I found mine at whole foods, if you prefer you can add mini chunks cut up from your favorite chocolate bar, just make sure the chocolate is paleo and is not milk chocolate (milk chocolate is usually not paleo). I did not share a measurement for this because you can add as many or as little as you want. I veered towards the heavy side with the chips because I love chocolate (as you can tell by my pictures) 🙂
- sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
In a medium-large bowl, beat the coconut sugar and melted coconut oil together with a hand-held mixer until well mixed. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again. Set aside.
In another bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour or gf flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix with a fork.
Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the mixer and mix until everything is just blended and a dough has formed. Add chocolate chips and stir with a fork.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Take about 1.5 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into balls between your hands. Put the balls of dough onto the lined cookie sheet.
Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until set and golden brown. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes. ( At this point you can add sea salt to the tops of the cookies if you want). Then move the cookies to a cooling rack to cool, and ENJOY:)
Thank you so much for reading today’s post. If you have any questions feel free to leave them below or reach me via the “contact” tab at the top of my blog. I hope you all have a great day and I will see you Friday for another post.