Those who know me know I love art. Working with clay, painting, drawing, coloring, basically anything that involves the art field I am 100% in. Hands down my favorite project to work on in the art field is working with clay. I find so much joy sculpting fairies, gardens, bowls, Star Wars/Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings characters, and….. earrings. During the Winter I created a whole line of polymer clay earrings; some I sell some I wear or give away as presents. From this stemmed my own little business named “With Love From T to You.” Find my Etsy shop here!
If you are looking for the perfect handmade gift to present your mother with this mother’s day then you are in the right place. Below find an easy and fun tutorial on how to gift your mother a present she will cherish forever and look stylish wearing. ♥
Polymer clay heart earrings
- Polymer clay: 1 block of dark green, dark purple, red, bright yellow, turquoise
- 2 eye hook pins
- 2 open jumprings
- 2 hook earwires
- Take your polymer clay colors and cut a small block of clay from each block, then soften by kneading it between your fingers.
- Working with the red clay only: Once your red clay has softened, flatten it to about 1/2 cm thick, then cut a heart shape out. Dimensions of the heart: 3 cm wide at the top, 1.5 at the bottom, 2.5 cm long from the bottom point of the heart to the V. , repeat with another piece of red clay.
- Working with the green, purple, yellow, & turquoise clay: Roll long strips 1 mm in width for each of those colors.
- Once the green, purple, yellow, & turquoise colors are rolled out, take your purple rolled clay and outline one heart, do the same with the green clay & put it on the outside of the purple. (refer to picture)
- Working with the yellow and turquoise clay: repeat step #5 again but with yellow & turquoise. First place the rolled turquoise clay on the heart, then follow with yellow. (refer to picture)
- Start assembling: Take one (1) eye hook pin and insert it into the top of the heart, repeat on other heart.
- Then take one (1) jumpring, open the clasp with pliers and attach it onto your eye pin. Repeat with other heart.
- To attach the hooks, open the clasp on one (1) hook & attach onto one (1) jumpring, repeat on other heart.
- Cook your clay earrings as directed on your clay package. Different clays brands may need to be baked longer/ at a higher temperature than other clay.
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
Have a great day and see you tomorrow for another post!