Delicious summer grilled eggplant, zucchini, & squash with herb marinade
Who else cannot believe that today is the first day of May! I feel like someone fast forwarded time because it seems like Christmas was just last week! Well, you know what they say, time flies when you’re having fun, and I most definitely have been having fun. My blog has grown so much, my High school chapter is closing, the warm air is ushering in, I have been planning trips with my friends, and so many other events near and far that I cannot wait to finally be HERE!
Another very exciting season which is just about knocking down our doors is Summer! A season full of birds chirping, green grass growing, flowers blooming, bees a buzzing, outdoor parties, and…… grilling! I love to grill because 1. it’s a healthier alternative to frying foods and 2. I enjoy creating delicious marinades and sauces to use on my grilled foods.
If you are looking for a delicious, healthy, and very colorful dish to make during grilling season then you are going to love the recipe I am sharing with you. The marinade used is full of herbs and spices to give your vegetables the perfect amount of flavor and yumminess.
This recipe uses a dash of spice, a pinch of herbs and a spoonful of happiness to provide you with a delicious meal you and your family will love.
The olive oil and herb marinade is the perfect flavor to add to your grilled veggies, and it’s homemade so you are not ingesting any processed ingredients.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 orange pepper, but you can use red or yellow if you prefer
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp dried parsley (you can use fresh if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- a pinch of salt
- a pinch of ground pepper
- Peel the eggplant, squash and zucchini. Then slice up all of the vegetables to the thickness you want.
- For the marinade combine the olive oil, oregano, dried parsley (fresh if you prefer), minced garlic, salt, and pepper, then stir.
- Drop your sliced vegetables into the marinade, make sure all of the mixture is on every vegetable otherwise when you grill them you will not taste the herby flavor.
- After all of the vegetables are coated, place them on the grill. I set mine at about 350 degrees Fahrenheit and they take about 5-7 minutes per side. Tip: make sure to grill them until they are crisp and cooked.
- ENJOY 🙂
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining my blog! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab at the top of my blog.
Have a great day!