Cookies. Who doesn’t love a nice soft cookie, whether you are a sugar cookie lover, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, or snickerdoodle, I think we can all agree that cookies are amazing.
When I switched over to the paleo diet I was so sad that I would not be able to enjoy my all time favorite cookie, oatmeal raisin. For years I suffered with horrible digestion and other problems so no way was I going to “cheat” my lifestyle for a cookie. That was when I started experimenting in the kitchen and expanding my food pantry. Now every night I am cooking in the kitchen and working on healthy recipes that I can enjoy without a problem.
Today I am sharing my favorite oatmeal raisin cookie recipe EVER! I have been working on this recipe for the last few weeks so that it was perfect and I could share it with all of you. If you have any questions regarding this recipe leave them in the comments and I will be sure to get back to you.
ENJOY today’s post 🙂
The Ultimate Healthy Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free instant oats
- ¾ cup gluten-free flour (natures place or king arthur makes a great gf flour)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large egg, room temperature, you can also use 3 tbsp of egg whites to replace the egg if need be.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, if you don’t have vanilla extract 1 tsp of maple syrup will also work
- ½ cup agave or honey
- ¼ cup raisins, but I always add more, you can also add nuts or chocolate chips if you want
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg (or egg whites) and vanilla (or syrup if you are replacing it) . Stir in the agave (or honey). Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the raisins. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, dairy free butter or cooking spray.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet, and flatten slightly. Bake at 325°F for 11-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- ENJOY 🙂
Thanks for reading!
Have a great day!