Hello readers, and HAPPY FRIDAY! Another week in the books and another week closer to summer vacation. Yes yes I know. Summer vacation? There is such a long time till it, I know, but I have so many fun and exciting things planned so I cannot wait for it!
Today I will be sharing my own granola recipe. After years of eating out of the box granolas with tons of sugar in them I finally sat down and created my own granola recipe. As many of my readers know I am gluten free, dairy free and sugar free (added sugars), which basically translates to paleo. I have been eating the paleo way for the last few months, although I have been gluten free for many years due to my allergy to it. Eating paleo is a really great lifestyle that does not deprive you of certain nutrients like some other diets might. The paleo way of eating is very clean and delicious! Since becoming paleo I have been opened up to so many new recipes that I cannot wait to share with everyone! 2019 is the year of cooking. 🙂
I also have a few more exciting pieces of news which will hopefully be announced very soon. I just have to finalize things since this was such a big project I undertook.
Now without further ado, Enjoy today’s recipe!
This recipe will make about a weeks worth of granola for me.
- 3 cups of trader Joes gluten free oats (or your own brand)
- 1 cup of almond slivers (you can add more or less than 1 cup depending on your preference, I buy mine from Trader Joes)
- 1 cup of raisins (make sure they are 100% natural and have no added sugars, I buy mine from Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup dry white quinoa
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Cinnamon (I add enough to cover the granola)
- about 1/4 cup raw natural honey (This measurement is an estimate, I usually drizzle it all over the granola when it’s on the baking sheet. I drizzle enough to make a light coating over the granola + added ingredients)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- additional toppings you may want (whole almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, dried fruits to add after baking)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sprinkle your granola onto a baking sheet and make sure to spread it out
- Add your almond slivers, raisins, dry quinoa, chia seeds, cinnamon , and any other toppings you want
- Mix the dry ingredients with a fork or spatula right on the baking sheet
- Pour your honey over it along with the coconut oil and any other wet ingredients you want to add.
- Then take your fork or spatula and combine everything so it is mixed.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until you have the crunch you want. I prefer my granola a little less crunchy so 15 minutes is perfect for me.
- To store your delicious homemade granola I use a plastic baggie then every morning I take out my coconut yogurt, sprinkle some granola on top, and finish off with fresh fruit and ENJOY 🙂
Thank you so much for reading today’s post. If you have any questions leave them below or contact me via the “contact” tab at the top of my blog.
Have a wonderful Friday everyone, have a wonderful weekend. And I will see you Monday for another post!