The perfect dinner rolls to pair with every meal: gluten-free, vegetarian, paleo
Well, what do you know, I am posting another recipe. 🙂 I wasn’t kidding when I told you I have been working on so many creations to share with you. At least every night I am laboring on something new, adding new ingredients to the bowl, mixing different spices, cooking different ways, and from the wonderful responses I have been receiving on these posts, I assume you are also enjoying them 🙂
The recipe I am sharing today is one I came up with over Easter break. Since becoming paleo I have found it hard locating paleo friendly rolls to enjoy with my dinner. So, I stopped looking and started creating. Over the course of two days I made about 30 rolls until I found the perfect combination that most closely resembled floury buttery rolls without the flour and butter. 🙂 Everything I am baking with today is paleo and dairy free but if you prefer to use real butter then by all means swap out the vegan butter I use and replace it with your favorite. Note: this may change if the recipe is paleo or not.
I hope you all enjoy today’s post because it is one I am very excited to share. For a long time I have wanted to indulge in the perfect dinner rolls and am very proud of the recipe I have created. These rolls are perfect to pair with any meal, they are healthy, digestion friendly, and tip: taste incredible with a slice of butter inside, some paleo jam (recipe coming soon), or you can even make a small sandwich using them. There are endless food options to create using these rolls.
Is your broccoli looking lonely? Or your roast feeling sad? Then try out these paleo dinner rolls which are the perfect partner to accompany your meal!
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of psyllium husk
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened organic applesauce
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (add more if dough is too dry)
- 4 teaspoons of paleo baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- Fresh rosemary to add to the dough mixture. There is not a set amount because it depends entirely on how much you want to taste. I love the taste so I added about 1/4 cup. If you don’t then use less or replace with a different spice you prefer.
- Vegan butter- my favorite is the earth balance vegan soy free butter OR you can use your prefered one.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 8″ glass pie pan with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients until the dough is formed and smooth.
- If the dough is to dry add more coconut oil. But make sure to add little by little so you do not add too much and the dough becomes over wet/sticky.
- Separate the dough into ten (10) equal balls and place them onto the pie dish. Then take your vegan butter (or prefered spread) and soften it so it can easily be rubbed over the dough balls.
- Once the butter is soft enough to rub over your rolls, spread over the tops of them to coat and give a nice buttery flavor. This also helps with the browning process/ golden look rolls have.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Take out of the oven and serve immediately. For extra flavor add a slice of vegan butter, jam, or your favorite food in between the cut roll and ENJOY 🙂
Thank you so much for reading today’s blog post. If you have any questions feel free to reach me by leaving a comment below or by reaching out to me using the “contact” tab located at the top of my blog. Also, if you have any specific posts you want me to blog about reach me using the same methods mentioned above.
I also want to welcome any new readers or followers to my blog. Thank you so much for visiting my page and joining the DIY Lifestyle family! If you want to read more about me and my blog click the “about me” tab at the top of my blog.
Have a great weekend!